You Did More Than Carry My Books
Mark was walking home from school one day when he noticed the boy ahead of him had dropped all of the books he was carrying, along with a baseball bat and several other things. Mark 36 down and helped the boy pick up these articles. 37 they were going the same way, he helped to carry some of them for him. As they walked Mark 38 the boy' s name was Bill, that he 39 computer games, baseball and history, that he was having a lot of 40 with his other subjects and that he had just broken 41 with his girlfriend.
They arrived at Bill's home first and Mark was 42 in for a Coke and to watch some television. The afternoon passed 43 with a few laughs and some shared small talk, and then Mark went home. They 44 to see each other around school, had lunch together once or twice, and then both ended up from the same high school. Just three weeks before 45 , Bill asked Mark if they 46 talk.
Bill 47 him of the day years ago when they had first met. "Do you 48 wonder why I was carrying so many things home that day'?" asked Bill. "You see, I 49 out my locker because I didn' t want to leave a mess (脏乱) 50 anyone else. I had lanned to run away and I was going home to 51 my things. But after we spent some time together 52 and laughing, I realized that 53 I had done that, I would have 54 a new friend and missed all the fun we would have together.
So you see, Mark, when you picked up my books that day, you did a lot more. You 55 my life."
36. A. fell
B. sat C. lay D. knelt
37. A. Although B. Since C. After D. until
38. A. discovered B. realized C. said D. decided
39. A. played B. loved C. tried D. made
40. A. questions B. ideas C. trouble D. doubt
41. A. up B. out C. off D. away
42. A. called B. helped C. invited D. allowed
43. A. peacefully B. willingly C. freely D. pleasantly
44. A. continued B. agreed C. forced D. offered
45. A. graduation B. movement C. separation D. vacation
46. A. would B. should C. could D. must
47. A. demanded B. reminded C. removed D. asked
48. A. ever B. usually C. even D. never
49. A. checked B. took C. cleared D. put
50. A. over B. into C. with D. for
51. A. find B. pick C. pack D. hold
52. A. talking B. playing C. reading D. watching
53. A. before B. if C. while D. as
54. A. forgotten B. passed C. left D. lost
55. A. helped B. recovered C. improved D. changed
Keys: 36. D 37. B 38. A 39. B 40. C 41. A 42. C 43. D 44. A 45. A
46. C 47. B 48. A 49. C 50. D 51. C 52. A 53. B 54. D 55. D
Tag:英语学习方法，小学英语学习方法,初中英语学习方法,学英语的方法,高中英语学习方法,李阳英语学习方法，学习方法 - 英语学习方法